Top 25 Fresher Civil engineering interview question asked in Top 10 construction companies in India
1. what is the recommended slump value for column?
Ans: 75to 125mm
2. What is void ratio?
Ans: It is the ratio of volume of voids to the volume of solids.
3. what is the standard length of a single steel bar?
Ans: 12 m
4. What is the density of steel?
Ans: The density of steel is 7850 kg/m3.
5. What is the standard size of a Brick?
Ans: Standard Size = 19 cm x 9 cm x 9 cm.
6. One Hectare equals to how many Acres?
Ans: 2.47 Acres
7. One Gallon equals to how many Liters?
Ans: 3.78 liters
8. What is the maximum Free fall of concrete?
Ans: Free fall of the concrete is 1.5 m
9. What is the formula to find no of stirrups?
Ans: (Total length/Spacing) +1
10. What Do You Understand by M25 Concrete?
Ans: AS per to IS 456 : 2000, M refers Mix and 25 refers the compressive Strength. The Strength of concrete cube of (150mmX150mmX150 mm) tested at the end of 28 days should be minimum 25 N/Sq.mm
11. What is the maximum allowable fresh concrete temperature until used as per ASTM ?
Ans: 32 OC
12. What are the skills required to become an architect ?
Ans: Conceptual understanding of designing models, Basic knowledge of computer and architect related software programs Designing 3D models Engineering ability, Business aptitude and Legal knowledge
13. What is guniting ?
Ans: It is a process or a method in which mixture of cement & sand in proportion of 1:3 is shooted on concrete surface with the help of cement gun under pressure of 2 to 3 kg/cm2. It is a highly effective process for repairing concrete walls or damaged surfaces.
14. What type of Bitumen is used for filling cracks in masonry structures?
Ans: Plastic bitumen
15. What is the bending moment (BM) & Shear force (SF)?
Bending moment – It is a reaction induced in a structural element when an external force or moment is applied to the element causing the element to bend. The most common or simplest structural element subjected to bending moments is the beam.
Shear force – it is the force in the beam acting perpendicular to its longitudinal (x) axis. For design purposes, the beam’s ability to resist shear force is more important than its ability to resist an axial force. Axial force is the force in the beam acting parallel to the longitudinal axis.
16. What is the process of covering of concrete placed on the exposed top of an external wall ?
17. Which type of wall is constructed to resist the pressure of an earth filling?
Ans: Retaining wall
18. What is the minimum curing period for concrete?
Ans: As per IS 456 – 2000 it is recommended that curing period of concrete must be at least
- 7 days in case of Ordinary Portland Cement.
- 10 days for concrete with Mineral admixtures.
- It also recommends that the curing duration should not be less than 10 days for concrete of OPC exposed to dry and hot weather conditions and 14 days for concrete with mineral admixtures in hot and dry weather.
19. What is the minimum weight of fine aggregate for sieve analysis as per ASTM C136 ?
Ans: 300 g
20. What is a bearing capacity of soil?
Ans: Bearing capacity is the capacity of soil to support the loads applied to the ground by the foundation of the structure.
21. What do you mean by honeycomb in concrete?
Ans: Honeycomb, also known as air pocket, is nothing but the air voids in concrete. It is usually formed during concrete casting.
22. What field tests are required for quality check of cement?
Ans: Quality of cement can be checked with
- Color: Cement should have grey color with light greenish shade.
- Physical properties:
- It should feel smooth when rubbed between fingers.
- If hand is inserted in a heap of cement or its bags, it should feel cool.
- When pinch of cement is thrown in Water then cement should float for some time before it sink.
- Also, it should be lump free.
23. What is the full form of NDT?
Ans: Non- Destructive Test.
24. what is the maximum steps in a flight?
25. What is full form of FFL?
Ans: Finished Floor Level.
Also Read : Best Civil Engineering Software Updated List 2021