Top 15 Fresher civil engineer interview questions on Brickwork
1. What is the standard size of a Brick?
Ans: 19 cm x 9cm x 9cm
2. What IS Code is refereed for practice for Brick Work?
Ans: IS : 2212 – 1991
3. Which is the strongest bond in brick work?
Ans: English Bond is considered to be the strongest.
4. What is maximum % of water absorption of a brick, When soaked in water?
Ans: 20 %
5. What is minimum compressive strength of a brick?
Ans: 7.5 N/mm2 as per IS-3495(part-1):1976
6. What is the thickness of mortar in brick work?
7. What is the maximum height of brick masonry wall built in a day?
Ans: Maximum height is 1.5 m per day or 600 bricks must be laid per day.
8. How many types of bricks are there? Name Them.
Ans: There are 3 types of Bricks. Facing Bricks, Engineering Bricks and Common Bricks.
9. How many bricks in 1 cu.m?
Ans: 500 No’s of bricks in 1 m3
10. How many classes are there in Bricks?
Ans: 3 Classes . Class 1,Class 2 , and Class 3
Related : To attain best brickwork as site engineer here are some brickwork check list you must follow.
11. In which bond, brick are laid with its length in the direction of a wall?
Ans: Stretcher Bond
12. Which Bond Is Expensive English or Flemish Bond?
Ans: English Bond, As it requires more Bricks.
13. What is Half Bat?
Ans: It is a portion of a brick which is cut across width in half.
14. Which Bricks is used for corner of walls of a structure ?
15. What is Soundness Test of brick?
Ans: Soundness test of bricks shows the nature of bricks against sudden impact.
Also Read : Top 25 Civil engineering interview questions